Changes in version 2.15.36
This version has the following changes:
- Basics of allowing video parts of files to be disabled (#1355 and others).
- Option to set video range (JPEG/MPEG) at least for YUV content. May not work for RGB. See #1509.
- Support for CPL metadata and markers.
- Support download of certificates from Qube (#1460).
- Primitive subtitle export feature.
- Add playhead line to timeline (#1563).
- Allow specification of audio forensic marking (in KDMs) for some channels only. Default to enabling forensic marking for video and audio (up to and including channel 12). Fixes #1498.
- Avoid unnecessary re-writes of video assets if they are staying the same (#1638).
- Add Bob Weaver Deinterlacing Filter (bwdif).
- Put the timecode next to the rewind-to-0 button to help avoid mouse-slips (#1234).
- An optional OpenGL renderer which should (hopefully) speed up playback. Select it in the ‘Advanced’ tab of Preferences.
- Various optimisations to the GUI.
- Possible fix for various causes of audio lagging video in DCPs.
- Fix missing burnt subtitles in some rare cases (#1581).
- Fix periods of black between trimmed content in the preview.
- Fix crash with some color attributes in Subrip files.
- Fix crash on dragging timeline content in some cases.
- Fix incorrect images when cropping without stretch.
- Use content video frame rate rather than the DCP one when reading trim start/end back from the UI. See #1607.
- Fix disappearing preview video on changing CPL in some cases (#1641).
- Potential fix for assertion failures in audio buffers during analysis in some cases (#1568).
- Try to fix no-stretch / no-scale for non-square pixels (#1636).
- Hopefully fix incorrect bitmapped subtitle colours.
- Don't crash if history items are inaccessible.
- Ignore video streams with frame rates over 1000 (work-around/fix for #1585).
- Stop crashing when running the hints check on films with silent/black gaps.
- Fix timeline selection under scroll.
- Re-fix problems with multiple root node namespaces.
- Potential fix for errors related to info files (#1618).
- ISDCF name fixes with > 6 channels and HI/VI (#1633).
- Prevent player folding audio to 2 channel if ‘default DCP audio channels’ is set to 2.
- Keep the computer awake when doing exports and hash computations.
- Fix VF creation with gaps between content.
- Keep default export name even if the user changes the format (#1584).
- Prevent reference/reel setting controls getting stuck when referenced content is moved with reel mode 'single' enabled (#1645).
- Set fade in/out using content frame rate rather than DCP rate (#1642).
- Try to ignore exceptions thrown from boost::filesystem::is_symlink (#1662).
- Complain on startup if signer or decryption chains are inconsistent (#1520).
- Copy with progress updates when we might copy long files (#1574).
- Add export button for DKDMs (#1510).
- Add support for Datasat AP2x and USL sound processors when converting fader position to gain. Stop storing a chosen processor in config; instead, get the user to choose the processor when calculating gains.
- Use ISDCF name as a default export filename (#1584).
- Trim after _ in current name when enabling ‘Use ISDCF name’ (#1513).
- Hide passwords in text fields.
- Make player more tolerant of some DCP errors.
- Try to warn if we're running the 32-bit version on 64-bit windows (WoW64) (#1569).
- Give an error if 2D content is set to 3D (#1565). Also run 3D tests with more parallel jobs to speed them up.
- Hide the upmixers unless an "advanced" configuration option is ticked.
Thanks to our patrons:
- Film.Ca Inc.
- Central Cinema
- Timm Kröger
- Jose Delio Ares Garcia
- Arrow Media Services
- Owen Morgan
- Paolo Mancini
- Stephen Tyler
- Mark Allender
- John B. Thomas
- João Gabriel Riveres
- Matthieu Zingle
- Chris Eller
- Дмитрий Покровский
- Barak Epstein
- Samuel Sanchez
- Garry Maddison
- Gerard Elmore
- Irving Shapiro
- Jeremy Spracklen