It will run on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
DCP-o-matic is a renamed and updated version of DVD-o-matic.
5th March 2014
The late lamented DVD-o-matic (and DCP-o-matic) has been mentioned in a nice article by Paul Willmott (of Saffron Screen) in the March issue of Cinema Technology Magazine. Anyone can read it provided they sign up first. Thanks Paul!
30th January 2014DCP-o-matic 1.64.0 was released.
This version adds some new features:
- The basics of per-channel audio gain, so that a particular source channel may be passed to different DCP channels with different gains.
- Give a warning on choosing ‘Make DCP’ if the disk is likely to have insufficient free space for the DCP.
- A primitive ‘check for updates’ feature which may be triggered from the ‘Tools’ menu or configured to be automatic at startup. It defaults to not checking at startup.
- Updates to de_DE translation from Markus Raab.
- Updates to sv_SE translation from Adam Klotblixt.
- Updates to fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- Allow choice of what to install (master/server) on Windows.
- Add subtitle X offset option.
- Fix bad A/V sync in some (and maybe in lots of) circumstances.
- Fix failure to open some .mov files on Windows.
- Fix incorrect subtitles when speeding up or slowing down video for the DCP.
- Fix incorrect audio position when using video files without audio tracks.
- Fix bad DCPs when resuming encodes of 3D content.
- Fix missing subtitles when they are in content with a non-zero position.
- Fix to formatting of Interop <ScreenAspectRatio> tags.
- Fix asset flags on Interop DCPs.
- Fix incorrect colouring of subtitles in some cases.
- Various fixes for efficiency on fast machines.
- Fix mis-timed subtitles in some cases.
- Fix error-reporting loop after long runs (and suspends) on Windows.
- Fix over-fussiness in names of 1-file-per-frame sources.
- Fix the inability to specify the frame rate of 1-file-per-frame sources.
- Try to stop Windows machines going to sleep during encodes.
- Make sure that forced languages override the environment for all messages, and not just some.
- Don't give .xml suffixes to VOLINDEX and ASSETMAP in Inter-op DCPs.
- Prevent some cases of half-finished DCP directories being created.
- Fix error on cancelling and re-starting a DCP transcode on Windows.
- Use Mbit/s instead of the incorrect MBps in the user interface.
Thanks to Adam Colt, Luke, Thierry Journet, Denzil Kriekenbeek, Brad Miller, Markus Raab and Adam Klotblixt for their suggestions, bug reports and contributions. Download it from here.
6th January 2014DCP-o-matic 1.57 was released.
This version adds a nascent dcpomatic_create (for creating DCPs on the command line) and also adds more careful exception handling.
In addition there is a fix for some problems with opening large content files on Windows.
There is also a new de_DE translation from Markus Raab. Thanks Markus! Download it from here.
29th December 2013DCP-o-matic 1.53 was released.
This version fixes some bugs:
- Problems with loading content from paths containing non-Latin characters.
- Non-working ‘fix missing’ option.
- Invalidity of 4K DCPs.
and adds a few small things:
- Support for TLS/SSL when sending KDM emails.
- $START_TIME and $END_TIME variables for use in KDM emails.
- A top/bottom option for 3D frames.
- A configuration option for default audio delay.