DCP-o-matic is a free, open-source program to create Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) from videos, images and sound files. This means that you can make content to play on DCI-compliant cinema projectors.
DCP-o-matic is a renamed and updated version of DVD-o-matic and is in use in 37 countries around the world.
26th July 2015
DCP-o-matic 1.81.0 was released.
This release includes:
- Updated ru_RU translation from Igor Voytovich.
- New pl_PL translation from Marek Skrzelowski.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- Allow audio from different content streams to be used together in the same DCP (#274).
- Set the default colour conversion slightly more intelligently depending on content type (#565).
- Adjust colour conversion interface so that it's easier to use a preset.
- Be more strict about what characters are allowed in DCP names.
- Adjust job view in various ways (fixing #578).
- Fix hang if you cancel a paused job.
- Fix for distorted audio in some cases.
- Slightly improve performance with high speed encoding setups.
- Use j2c_<uuid>.mxf and pcm_<uuid>.mxf for picture/sound MXF filenames (#336).
- Fix for failure to analyse audio or create DCPs with negative audio delay in some circumstances (#571).
- Fix for failure to import video MXFs in some cases (#566).
- Fix for crashes when using some colour conversions which result in out-of-range XYZ values.
- Fix for failure to encode 3D from separate folders of images in some cases (#634).
22nd June 2015
14th June 2015
DCP-o-matic version 2 is now in beta test. Take a look if you are interested in giving it a spin.