DCP-o-matic is a free, open-source program to create Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) from videos, images and sound files. This means that you can make content to play on DCI-compliant cinema projectors.
DCP-o-matic is a renamed and updated version of DVD-o-matic and is in use in 43 countries around the world.
20th November 2015
Welcome to our first Chinese user on the list, Alex Ma from Macau!
15th November 2015
Welcome to two more entries on the users' list:
- The Historic Vista Theater in Negaunee, Michigan, USA and
- Luxor in Moscow City, Russia.
10th November 2015
9th November 2015
4th November 2015
DCP-o-matic 2.5.0 was released.
This release includes:
- Updated nl_NL translation from Rob van Nieuwkerk.
- Updated ru_RU translation from Igor Voytovich.
- Updated pl_PL translation from Marek Skrzelowski.
- Updated it_IT translation from Davide Dall'AraCiao.
- Updated da_DK translation from Anders Uhl Pedersen.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- New pt_PT translation from Tiago Casal Ribeiro.
- Add new KDM Creator tool which can make new KDMs from arbitrary DKDMs.
- Basic support for creating multi-reel DCPs.
- Better progress indication when finding subtitles (#711).
- Tweaks to upmixer filters to improve Lfe.
- Improve server GUI and distribute it with OS X and Windows installers.
- Speed up preview of video files with subtitles.
- Improve sorting of image filenames when importing a set.
- Draw reels in the timeline.
- Add button to export private keys from the configuration.
- Various fixes to multi-reel.
- Fixes for some crashes in the KDM creator on Windows.
- Fix incorrect preview of italic subtitles (#728).
- Fix incorrect colourspace conversion of XYZ content when it is not being passed through untouched (#730).
- Fix erroneous addition of referenced assets to PKLs (#723).
- Fix badly-formatted attachments to KDM emails.
- Fix various problems with embedded subtitles.
- Fix VF creation from multi-reel DCPs.
- Fix decoding of multi-part bitmap subtitles (#709).
- Fix timing of subtitles when a DCP is created at a different rate to the subtitle native rate.
- Fix invalid DCP subtitles in some cases.
- Fix strange job progress layout on OS X.
- Fix non-update of timeline when reel setup changes.
- Fixes to font handling for SMPTE subtitles.
- Only show existing DCP channels in the audio dialogue (#715).
- Speed up audio filters used by upmixers.
- Tweak frequency response of some filters used by upmixers.
- Possibly fix crash on audio analysis in some locales.
- Use nicer defaults for certificate chains.
- Small tweaks to the frequency response of Upmixer A.
Thanks to Rob van Nieuwkerk, Igor Voytovich, Marek Skrzelowski, Davide Dall'AraCiao, Anders Uhl Pedersen, Tiago Casal Ribeiro, Thierry Journet and Lilian Lefranc.
Three new supporters have been added since 2.4.0: thanks to Erwan Kerzanet, Daniel Martinez Lara and Silvio Bonomi. Download it from here.