Producing a DKDM

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rtX

Producing a DKDM

Post by rtX »

I've previously had success managing keys for single cinemas etc, but I'm being asked for a DKDM now, and I'm not sure what to do or even if it's possible to do this with DCP-o-Matic. Any pointers would be gratefully received.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Producing a DKDM

Post by carl »

A DKDM is just a normal KDM targeted at someone else's computer rather than a projector/playback server. If the person who wants the DKDM gives you their certificate you should be able to add them just like another "Screen" in DCP-o-matic, then generate a KDM for that "Screen".

Maybe there should be some changes to DCP-o-matic to make this process clearer. Let us know if you have trouble.
rtX

Re: Producing a DKDM - central database of public keys?

Post by rtX »

Thanks for the clear response, Carl.

Is there a central database of cinema screen/projector/server public keys? I think there must be as when I try to screen the DCP anywhere the cinemas seem to expect me to be able to access their public key without giving it to me. They eventually seem to find it, but it seems like a process with which they are unfamiliar.
downintheflood

Post by downintheflood »

since every server has it's own number & the public key is related to that number i don't think there ever will be a database for such keys. you would just have to know where to look.

here's what doremi has to say about keys: http://support.doremitechno.org/index.p ... rtificates

on doremi if you go to "Menu" --> "Control Panel" --> "Diagnostic Tool" under the first tab System you find the Serial Number & Chassis Number as mentioned in the document i linked to.

maybe you should just enter all the cinemas where you want to use your DCP & then all the screens with all those details & that would be your own database. i tested that already & it worked fine for the DCPs i created with dcpomatic.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Is there a central database of cinema screen/projector/server public keys? I think there must be as when I try to screen the DCP anywhere the cinemas seem to expect me to be able to access their public key without giving it to me. They eventually seem to find it, but it seems like a process with which they are unfamiliar.
Several manufacturers have public(-ish)ly available databases of keys, often stored by serial number. The big distributors have their own private databases of keys for the cinemas that they commonly deal with.

DCP-o-matic will try to download keys from the manufacturers' databases automatically (at least for Dolby and Doremi): click the "Download" button in the KDM screen editor.