Sound analysis

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
SMM

Sound analysis

Post by SMM »

Hello,

I am a newbie into creating DCP.
A very first movie I made will be displayed in Theaters and I am pulling my hair getting a DCP.

I use Davinci to export my film in a master DnX HQ.
I have 6 tracks on my audio (L,R,C, LFE,Ls, Lr).
I set up each track on 5.1 and the bus format is 5.1.

When I export I chose the bus 1 which is the one I created (5.1).

Once I have my export file I load it on DCP-o_Matic and there, when I do the sound analysis, I only have the graph for the center part.
I don't understand why since I have all tracks on davinci.

My question is, do you know how to export all tracks so I am sure to have the right onces ?
Shall I just export the video and bring each (L,R,C, LFE,Ls, Lr) onto DCP-o-Matic ?

Thank you for your help.

Simon
Carsten

Re: Sound analysis

Post by Carsten »

This seems to be a Resolve issue. You should first try to load your master into e.g. VLC and check it's audio track properties. If you only see a center channel in DCP-o-matic, I suppose that only a single/mono track has been exported from Resolve.

You could also look into the DCP-o-matic project folder for this conversion and locate a file 'ffprobe.log', and upload it here, so we can have a look at what type of video and audio has been detected by DCP-o-matic when you imported your master.

Usually it's no problem to use an interleaved multichannel master file in DCP-o-matic. Most people go that route. But you must make sure that Resolve exports the proper channel configuration and routing.