Encoding servers not working in v2

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Carsten

Re: Encoding servers not working in v2

Post by Carsten »

Hmm, technically, the batchprocessor WIN 2.11.44 sees remote encoders OS X 2.11.44 - but, if DCP-o-matic is started before the batch processor, it blocks remote encoders for the batch processor, so the batch processor will not discover them. If you start the batch processor before DCP-o-matic main application, it's the other way round - no encode servers for main application, but for the batch processor. This is your workaround for now.

I remember there was a fix for this, it's somewhere in the change log or on mantis... Maybe the issue it slipped back into 2.11... Or maybe I am confusing this with http://dcpomatic.com/mantis/view.php?id=962

Ah, no, here, I know there was something...

viewtopic.php?t=820

There should be a more elegant way to deal with this issue, I guess. As DCP-o-matic and batch converter share the same prefs, it wouldn't help to disable automatic search for encode servers in prefs - as then, both DCP-o-matic and batch converter would stop looking for them, and if you add them manually in one app, the other will use them as well.

There is no reason for one app to block another one from seeing encode servers. In theory, any master/app within the same network segment should be able to talk to any encoding server and send frames to it on a first come-first serve basis. Carl may comment on that.

It is true, again, that 2.10.5 does not see my 2.11.47 encoding servers - which is actually good, better not see them at all when they don't cooperate...

- Carsten
Last edited by Carsten on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Right yes I think that should be fixable reasonably easily; I've added a bug.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Seems to be fixed in 2.11.48 - both DCP-o-matic and Batch Converter detect encode servers while running simultaneously.

- Carsten