JPEG2000 sequence image extraction ?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Lucius

JPEG2000 sequence image extraction ?

Post by Lucius »

Hi all,

Is it possible to extract a JPEG2000 sequence and a WAVE file when opening a DCP?

I only find options to export in Quicktime / MP4 with recompression.

Thanks.
carl
Site Admin

Re: JPEG2000 sequence image extraction ?

Post by carl »

It's not possible from inside DoM but you can use the command-line tool `asdcp-unwrap` from asdcplib to do that, if that helps.
Lucius

Post by Lucius »

Yes, I know asdcp-unwrap. But I'm not sure it works from an encrypted DCP and by providing a DKDM.

You need the cipher in plain-text, I think. But how to get the cipher from a DKDM?
Last edited by Lucius on Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Ah I see. I don't know of an easy way to do that... Maybe it's not so hard to add this feature to DCP-o-matic...
Lucius

Post by Lucius »

carl wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:10 pm Ah I see. I don't know of an easy way to do that... Maybe it's not so hard to add this feature to DCP-o-matic...
That would be great.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Should be possible to create an unencrypted DCP with DCP-o-matic without recompression if you get a DKDM. This intermediate step could also be useful to conform the images into a single reel MXF, without any offsets, etc, which would make it easier to extract the images in one go.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Should be possible to create an unencrypted DCP with DCP-o-matic without recompression if you get a DKDM. This intermediate step could also be useful to conform the images into a single reel MXF, without any offsets, etc, which would make it easier to extract the images in one go.
Good point!
reels

Post by reels »

Lucius wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:29 pm Yes, I know asdcp-unwrap. But I'm not sure it works from an encrypted DCP and by providing a DKDM.

You need the cipher in plain-text, I think. But how to get the cipher from a DKDM?
Getting the cipher from (D)KDM is pretty easy, there is a reference implementation in the "Digital Cinema System Specification: Compliance Test Plan" available here in C++.

Or you can use Wolfgang Woehl's "kdm-decrypt.rb" available in the Digital Cinema Tools Distribution.

You just point it to the (D)KDM and the RSA private key file which you can create yourself (the key is in the config.xml) or by choosing "Export all KDM decryption settings..." and just keep the "BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY" part.

But I must admit that being able to create a new unencrypted DCP sounds pretty useful.
Lucius

Post by Lucius »

Thank you, it works great!