Ingesting Exception at 88%

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
TGood

Ingesting Exception at 88%

Post by TGood »

I volunteer and a non-profit theater. We have a Barco SP2K with a GDC-SR1000 server.
We have no issues when we get a DCP from Deluxe. When I create DCPs in DCP-o-matic it's really hit or miss, but the majority of the time for large feature films, ingesting stops at 88% and shows "Exception" under status. The drive will disappear from the ingest menu as a source, so I have to close, unplug and plug it back in. When I try to ingest again, sometimes it will work, sometimes (in this case) it just won't go beyond 90%, then goes back to "exception" at 88%. Even when I plug the drive in the content doesn't show up until I click the root directory 5 or more times.
Is it a bad drive? Smaller files don't have this issue; it's only feature films with big files.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Ingesting Exception at 88%

Post by carl »

It does sound rather like a bad drive. I guess your Deluxe DCPs come on their own drive?

Can you try with another drive for your DCP-o-matic-made DCPs?
TGood

Post by TGood »

That's my next step. It's so weird that it specifically times out at 88% no matter what. Never anything different, and only big files. It's so finnicky.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Great - let us know how you get on.

If the files made by DCP-o-matic were a problem I would expect it always to fail (and not intermittently to work). There can always be surprises, though! :shock:
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I also suspect some issue with the transfer drive. What type of drive is it, and how is it formatted? On what system do you create the DCPs?