No Audio in Player

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
ariadne_353

No Audio in Player

Post by ariadne_353 »

Hey everyone,

I've been having problems playing audio files in the DCP-o-matic Player for quite some time now and hope someone can help me out.

I'm using the DCP-o-matic Player mainly to check if DCP files are being played correctly. For some reason, I can see the video file, but the audio won't play. I've downloaded the latest version and also tried some older versions and test versions. I've also checked the audio settings in both the player and my computer. i have also checked out on older posts but could not find an answer yet.

Strangely, the audio plays just fine on my other laptop. The laptop I want to use (where the audio won't work) has an i7 processor and is quite powerful, at least more so than the other laptop where the audio works fine.

i hope that anyone could help me out with this problem. Thank you so much in advance.
carl
Site Admin

Re: No Audio in Player

Post by carl »

What version of the player and is this Mac/Windows/Linux?
ariadne_353

Post by ariadne_353 »

so at the moment i have downloaded the latest version (2.16.89), i have also tried 2.16.88, 2.16.35 and Test-Version 2.17.19.
I am using Windows.

Thanks for your reply
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Can you show a screenshot of the "Audio" tab in the DCP-o-matic preferences?
ariadne_353

Post by ariadne_353 »

Yes of course - so this is just an example. The File has been working fine on my other laptop (where it for some reason works).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1icsNVz ... VmAX-/view
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks, that looks OK. Please could you set up a player debug log file (at the bottom of the player preferences dialog) and then re-start the player and play your DCP for a few seconds. Then attach the log or send it to carl@dcpomatic.com. That might give some clues.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Where it says 'Headphone (Realtek)' - which other options are available in that menu? Have you connected a speaker or headphone to the audio out socket of this notebook (typically, Mini-TRS) - or do you expect to hear audio through the built-in speakers?
ariadne_353

Post by ariadne_353 »

There are some other options given, that i of course also have tried out. I have tried every single option in the that menu. Nothing worked :(
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Because - on a notebook, I am sure that 'Headphone' is not the internal speakers of the notebook, but the headphone-out socket.
ariadne_353

Post by ariadne_353 »

Thank you so much for your effort and help. i have checked on every single slot in the audio settings of the player again, but it does not work.
i guess it must then have to do with my computer but have no idea.. if i will ever figure it out i`ll update here :)
thank you