Mid-side processing - not a ton of separation between center and LR for stereo music

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Re: Mid-side processing - not a ton of separation between center and LR for stereo music

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

Kind of changing the subject:
One program or another, will eventually do the conversion.
DCP-o-matic will speed up the framerate by the difference (and everything else). So, every hour, the movie will be 3,6 seconds faster.
That affects the duration, but not the image quality. In terms of pitch, it's even less than a cent of a tone (or, less than two cents of a semitone, in a tuner), which is really insignificant. I don't know how DaVinci does the trick.
Carsten

Re: Mid-side processing - not a ton of separation between center and LR for stereo music

Post by Carsten »

We know that DCP-o-matic does, but Video editors often have different options for frame rate conversion. I would leave the original frame rate for Davinci-Export, and use the clean slight upspeed to DCP-o-matic.
gregquinn

Post by gregquinn »

IoannisSyrogiannis wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:19 am Kind of changing the subject:
One program or another, will eventually do the conversion.
DCP-o-matic will speed up the framerate by the difference (and everything else). So, every hour, the movie will be 3,6 seconds faster.
That affects the duration, but not the image quality. In terms of pitch, it's even less than a cent of a tone (or, less than two cents of a semitone, in a tuner), which is really insignificant. I don't know how DaVinci does the trick.
Thanks very much for the detail.
gregquinn

Post by gregquinn »

Carsten wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:06 am We know that DCP-o-matic does, but Video editors often have different options for frame rate conversion. I would leave the original frame rate for Davinci-Export, and use the clean slight upspeed to DCP-o-matic.
Thanks, appreciate the advice - I'll do that.