Error on player verifying: Programming error at ../src/verify.cc:1264

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
gregquinn

Error on player verifying: Programming error at ../src/verify.cc:1264

Post by gregquinn »

I got an error on verifying a DCP from my mac when verifying using the DCP-O-Matic player verifier tool: Programming error at ../src/verify.cc:1264

Any ideas?
carl
Site Admin

Re: Error on player verifying: Programming error at ../src/verify.cc:1264

Post by carl »

That's interesting - is it possible to send just the subtitle/closed caption file from the DCP? If it's interop it will be a .xml, or .mxf for SMPTE and if DCP-o-matic made the DCP its name will probably start with sub_

carl@dcpomatic.com
gregquinn

Post by gregquinn »

So the reels were multiple because I was getting an error that the subtitle XML was too big; once I created multiple files the error went away.

How do I tell which ones are the closed caption files - do the closed caption files begin with "sub_"? (there are a lot of them for this 90 minute, talking heads documentary)
gregquinn

Post by gregquinn »

carl wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:00 pm That's interesting - is it possible to send just the subtitle/closed caption file from the DCP? If it's interop it will be a .xml, or .mxf for SMPTE and if DCP-o-matic made the DCP its name will probably start with sub_
carl@dcpomatic.com
sent via a PM
fabelton

Post by fabelton »

Hi,

I got the same error message with the latest stable release of DOM Player. (Mac Sequoia 15.0)

I triple checked the subtitle file (srt) before creating the DCP (25fps SMPTE) and there was nothing wrong with it regarding the usual standards.

The Demo version of easyDCP Player+ shows only warnings but no errors.

Could anyone who has already got this error message tell me more about it?
Is it safe to send the package to the cinema?

Many thanks.