DCP verification - Error

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rosanamadalina

DCP verification - Error

Post by rosanamadalina »

Hi everyone,

When checking my latest DCP (made from a previous DCP), I got the results as "A picture frame has an invalid JPEG2000 codestream (invalid COC component number". The original DCP also has this error.

I tried looking it up, but got nowhere. What does this error mean, in practical terms? What can happen when it playbacks on a projector?

Thanks!
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP verification - Error

Post by carl »

Do you know what tool made the original DCP?

Also, what version of DCP-o-matic are you using?
rosanamadalina

Post by rosanamadalina »

Hi Carl,

From what I can tell from the cpl file, it was made with "Colorfront Transkoder", I believe.
I'm using Version 2.16.35.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi there,

I suspect this is a false error from DCP-o-matic (especially if the DCP originally came from Colorfront Transkoder, which I would not expect to have playback-threatening errors). I'll relax the check in DCP-o-matic.

If it's at all possible to get hold of the DCP, that might be interesting; but no worries if not.

The reason your new DCP gives the same error is probably because DCP-o-matic has re-used the same JPEG2000 data.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If the DCP is not available could I send you a test version of DCP-o-matic to find out what the problematic value of this COC component number is?
rosanamadalina

Post by rosanamadalina »

Hi Carl,

Unfortunately, I can't provide you the DCP. I can, however, pass it through the test you mentioned.
Let me know how to proceed.
Thanks!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks, it would be helpful if you could run the same verification again with this test version (see below) and report the error again (it should now include a number...)
rosanamadalina

Post by rosanamadalina »

Hi Carl,

Here's the result:

"A picture frame has an invalid JPEG2000 codestream (invalid COC component number 1)".

Not sure if it's relevant, but this DCP was made using Interop, not SMPTE.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Thanks for checking! I think that error is wrong, and I'll relax it in the next version of DCP-o-matic.