Your DCP has 6 audio channels, rather than 8 or 16. This may cause some distributors to raise QC errors when they check

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
chrusli

Your DCP has 6 audio channels, rather than 8 or 16. This may cause some distributors to raise QC errors when they check

Post by chrusli »

Dear DCP-o-matic Team

Recently, I received this warning when I wanted to make the DCP: “Your DCP has 6 audio channels, rather than 8 or 16. This may cause some distributors to raise QC errors when they check your DCP. To avoid this, set the DCP audio channels to 8 or 16.”

I get this for dca/ac3 with 5.1 surround as well, which obviously is 6 channels. Would I still need to change it to 8 channels and just ignore HI/VI channels?

Kind regards
Stephan
carl
Site Admin

Re: Your DCP has 6 audio channels, rather than 8 or 16. This may cause some distributors to raise QC errors when they c

Post by carl »

If you think your DCP might be "checked" by any distributor I would suggest setting the audio channels in the DCP tab to 8. This will insert silence for HI and VI, making your DCP slightly larger.

If you're not worried about this possibility, just leave it at 6 and it will be fine.

Best,
Carl
chrusli

Re: Your DCP has 6 audio channels, rather than 8 or 16. This may cause some distributors to raise QC errors when they c

Post by chrusli »

Thank you, Carl, for clarifying. 🙏