Can't install on Windows

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
lcanau

Can't install on Windows

Post by lcanau »

Hello,

I installed the software multiple times on a couple of computers, but I'm having an issue right now on a new computer. The install process seems to procede normally but then it finishes and the software doesn't install. I got on previous ocasions a warning from Windows which I could ignore, but that's not what's happening right now, it just appears to install but it doesn't. I had Avast on this PC and I removed it, after suspending it not worked. I stopped Windows Defender (Real-time protection > off). Same issue. Any ideas to what might be causing this and how to solve it?
carl
Site Admin

Re: Can't install on Windows

Post by carl »

Which version of Windows is this? Is there a DCP-o-matic folder in c:\Program Files ?
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

Windows 11. The DCP-o-Matic 2 folder is there but the only EXE file inside is the Uninstall.exe.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 101547.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

So, I thought about differences in the PC from the other one I use, and this one as an admin account. I have to provide the admin password to install the software. What is happening is that DCP-o-Matic will install in the admin account but not on work account.
lcanau

Post by lcanau »

Until recently (when I think "recently" sometimes was years ago) Windows had the option of "install for all users", that option no longer seems to be available. In any case, I installed several other applications without this issue.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

If you like you could try this build which should work better (for me on Windows 11 it installs and starts OK when installed as a non-administrator).