3d dcp create

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
ali zohrab

3d dcp create

Post by ali zohrab »

hi every one am new here,and also new in cinema world
i make 2d dcp without any problem but now i want to make 3d dcp
my server is doremi 2000 dcp
my projector Christie CP2210
i have 3d movie 3d left/right
does my server and projection supported it and how i adjust the 3d settings for it in dcp-o-matic
Rgards,
Carsten

Re: 3d dcp create

Post by Carsten »

I assume you have the necessary addons on your projector to actually show 3D DCPs and have shown 3D trailers and movies successfully before?

Basically, it's simple. You add your left/right content to DCP-o-matic, define it as 3D left/right, check the '3D' checkbox under DCP, and create the DCP.

- Carsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ali zohrab

Post by ali zohrab »

thanks alot but what it showin like this
the image in attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ali zohrab

Post by ali zohrab »

Carsten
can you reply and thanks a lot
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

can you reply
In general hassling people to reply, especially only 1 day after your previous message, is probably not going to make them want to help you any more than they already do.

Maybe you could show us how your "Content" tab looks with this project.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I guess it would also be interesting, as a check, to see the preview window with both 3D options deselected (as it would be shown by default after loading the content). That would give us an idea how the Side-By-Side image is composed.
ali zohrab

Post by ali zohrab »

you mean like this
and thank you for replying
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

That looks okay for me.

I actually never did a 3D DCP from SBS source - Carl, will DCP-o-matic take care of the necessary basic scaling of SBS, or is this to be done using the standard scaling options?
ali zohrab

Post by ali zohrab »

i can using scaling but this the right way to do it ? cause its the first time for me to do it
Regards
Last edited by ali zohrab on Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

As I understand it some SBS needs scaling (as each frame is half the horizontal resolution) and some not - with current DCP-o-matic versions you would need to set up the scaling manually here I think.

So for a 1.85:1 result you'd need to click "custom" next to scale and then enter 1.85 in the top box ("set ratio and fit to DCP container").