a reddish color shift occurred.

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
asonnyboy

a reddish color shift occurred.

Post by asonnyboy »

The video in the 709 color space was converted into DCP (DCP XYZ color space) by using DaVinci Resolve. When played on DCP OMAITC and DaVinci Resolve, [img]a reddish color shift occurred.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Re: a reddish color shift occurred.

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

That seems to me like a mix-up on color spaces.
Meaning, check what is the color space of the footage, what is the input color space of Resolve, what is the output color space of Resolve, what is the color space settings for the input of the DCP-o-matic. Somewhere between those, something is not set well.
Get accustomed with timeline, output and lookup tables' settings on Resolve.

And if you want to play a DCP on DCP-o-matic, it's best to use the Player.
asonnyboy

Post by asonnyboy »

Thank you for your help. Actually, my video was produced using the 709 color space in PR. Therefore, there is no problem with setting the input color space to 709 and the output space to DCI xyz in Da Vinci.
IoannisSyrogiannis

Post by IoannisSyrogiannis »

You are welcome, but I don't see how I helped. (?)
I wrote that this is most probably a color space issue somewhere from setting the DaVinci project, the output (on the export settings) and up to the color settings on the DCP-o-matic.
I also wrote that, if you want to see the outcome from DaVinci, you better use DCP-o-matic Player (because then, there are no custom color settings to further mess with the display).
You seem to disregard more than half from what I wrote and -given that you originally posted here- you probably assume that there is some kind of problem with DCP-o-matic. A bug? Or is it that you would like help on the way to use DCP-o-matic?
In each case, I don't see how I contributed.
If the user interface of the programs wasn't in a language unknown to me and hard to auto translate, due to size, I might have been able to understand more. But I will nonetheless accept a "thank you", glad as the next guy.
If you eventually figure it out, it would be interesting to let us know what was the solution.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I think the problem might be a double color conversion process. Unfortunately, the GUI language you set in Resolve doesn't make it easy for us to understand the settings. Usually, you don't have to set an explicit output color space in Resolve in order to create a DCP - you work in rec.709 all the way, until you choose DCP format for export/deliver - that will then set the proper XYZ color conversion on it's own. I suggest you configure the project settings to be all rec.709, and then just create a DCP export in the 'Deliver' module.

- Carsten