DCP-o-matic Playlist Editor

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
gabriel_piscitelli

DCP-o-matic Playlist Editor

Post by gabriel_piscitelli »

Hey! :D

Can someone help me on how to create a playlist for an OV DCP?

Am I suppose to make an OV, all my VFs with the subtitles, create the CPLs with the playlist editor, throw all those files back in DCP-o-matic so I can then have only one OV with everithing? Or am I missing something?

I tryed creating an OV with all my video, audio and .str files in it thinking the Playlist Editor would then allow me to create the CPLs but that didn't seem to work 'cus I've set my Content Directory to the OV and no files poped up.

Can someone teach me?

(A step by step tutorial is welcome lol)
carl
Site Admin

Re: DCP-o-matic Playlist Editor

Post by carl »

Hi, no the playlist editor is rather a specific thing, made to use with the player in a mode which allows playback of a list of DCPs. It's not especially useful for the majority of users.

It sounds like you are making an OV and then several VFs with different languages? If so, it's quite common to distribute the OV and VFs separately, especially if you know what language the cinema wants to play - then you can give them the OV and the correct VF, to save confusion.

If you really want to combine the OV + VF DCPs into one package you should use the DCP-o-matic Combiner. That takes a set of DCPs and joins them into one folder with multiple CPLs.
gabriel_piscitelli

Re: DCP-o-matic Playlist Editor

Post by gabriel_piscitelli »

Oh I see, my bad :lol:

Thanks for the clarification tho!!

I'm heading to take a look on the Combiner then! Thank you again!