Adding audio file to video file, no playback

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Ironmountainfilms

Adding audio file to video file, no playback

Post by Ironmountainfilms »

Great program! Will donate as soon as I beat this deadline. On a Mac pro 2010 6 core 24GB RAM. Using version 2.8 of DCPOMATIC
I've now created several DCPs based on a Quicktime ProResHQ file. All of them played back flawlessly in Qvis, Doremi and Resolve (software) and in the cinema on a Sony server/projector. Kudos to your conversion! We color corrected on a Flanders monitor in Resolve. It looked great at exactly the 2.4 gamma we corrected with. (set input gamma to 2.4 in custom menu)

Issue I'm having is that audio is low in the theatre. Had to crank up dolby to around 7. Raising the level using DOM calculator will make the hottest true peak over 0 by 3 db. Not good. Went through audio and did a hard limit and manually brought these peaks to -6db in Audition. Now in DOM I can bring up level using calculator to +5db and get that peak at -1db. Most of the audio is around -18db

However when I rendered this DCP it will not playback in the Qvis player I'm using. It will playback in all the other players. Have a appointment to play in theater in the am but would rather have a file that played back in all the players. I did use IOP setting, I also wrote this accidentally to the system drive which is an SSD drive, so the IOP setting, the system drive destination and the added wav file are the new variables. I did turn off the audio channels for the video quicktime and turned on the 1 and 2 channels for the wav. I'm currently processing a new Quicktime ProRes file I made that has the limited audio embedded (rendered in a new QT file) and changed back to SMPTE.
Any thoughts?
Ironmountainfilms

Re: Adding audio file to video file, no playback

Just donated £75. Thank you!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

However when I rendered this DCP it will not playback in the Qvis player I'm using. It will playback in all the other players. Have a appointment to play in theater in the am but would rather have a file that played back in all the players. I did use IOP setting, I also wrote this accidentally to the system drive which is an SSD drive, so the IOP setting, the system drive destination and the added wav file are the new variables. I did turn off the audio channels for the video quicktime and turned on the 1 and 2 channels for the wav. I'm currently processing a new Quicktime ProRes file I made that has the limited audio embedded (rendered in a new QT file) and changed back to SMPTE.
When you say "will not playback" in the Qvis player, what happens? Any error messages? And thanks for the donation, much appreciated!
Ironmountainfilms

Your welcome! I choose folder and software does nothing, no error message, nothing.
Ironmountainfilms

The little blank player box which you usually need to click on to choose a folder from the top menu just sits there as if you've done nothing.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I'm afraid it's difficult for me to investigate this, not having access to QuVis player. If it just refuses to do anything without any indication of why I would suggest it's really a bug in the player ;) Can you approach QuVis to ask them? Did the DCP play ok in the theater?

If all else fails I guess you would need to remove the differences one by one to get back to a DCP that QuVis will play.

Let me know how you get on...