Source file with multiple Subtitles

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
randomdot

Source file with multiple Subtitles

Post by randomdot »

Hi community.

I've run into two issues recently I was wondering if anyone knew a solution in DOM.

1. I have a source file with 4 subtitles built in (different languages) (soft subtitles). Is there a way I can select a particular one in DOM. It looks like it just selects the first one it finds.

2. I have a source file with the wrong language built in (soft subtitles). I have the .srt file for the language I want. If there a way to add the language I want and not have the built in ones displayed. When I've tried, both subtitles play.

I can work around these problems using Handbrake, but that reduces by quality a small bit and takes forever. I'm looking for a solution within DOM?

Thanks in advance
Brian

-------
using Mac OS X 10.10
DOM 2.9.20
carl
Site Admin

Re: Source file with multiple Subtitles

Post by carl »

1. I have a source file with 4 subtitles built in (different languages) (soft subtitles). Is there a way I can select a particular one in DOM. It looks like it just selects the first one it finds.
Use the "Stream" drop-down in the subtitles tab.
I have a source file with the wrong language built in (soft subtitles). I have the .srt file for the language I want. If there a way to add the language I want and not have the built in ones displayed. When I've tried, both subtitles play.
Select the source file with the wrong language, go to the subtitles tab, un-tick "use subtitles".

Cheers,
Carl
randomdot

Re: Source file with multiple Subtitles

Post by randomdot »

Thank you!