Missing asset on Alchemy / Solaria

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
carl
Site Admin

Missing asset on Alchemy / Solaria

Post by carl »

Hi all,

I have a user who has made an Interop VF adding subtitles to an Interop OV. They report that it works fine on Sony/Dolby/Doremi but gives "asset missing" errors on Alchemy and Solaria systems. At the moment we just have the server screenshots which are not very informative. I've seen the XML files from the DCPs and they all seem to be in order. I'm at a bit of a loss: has anybody seen anything like this? Is there a reasonably easy way to get more detailed logs on either of these systems?

Thanks!
Carl
Carsten

Re: Missing asset on Alchemy / Solaria

Post by Carsten »

I have seen similar issues a while ago when I did my tests with a subtitled short. However, I don't remember how it came out. The guy who made the DCPs needed a few shots at it until they worked. I could give it a try on our Alchemy. They definitely need to make sure their Alchemy is running on current software (1.2.5.2), as there have been quite a few fixes over the recent months.

The Barco writes a comprehensive log which is easily accessible through the webinterface.

- Carsten
Eriksson

Post by Eriksson »

1.2.5.2 is not released until Friday according to Barco :roll:

ImageICMP by fnys666, on Flickr

I'm logged in on my Barco account. When I try to download the SW the site gives me an error I've never seen Before.
@Carsten: have you got this version?

/M.E.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Yes, maybe it had been put on the download page accidentally a few days ago - at the time, they did not yet have updated the release-notes on this page (however, the release-note within the update was up-to-date). I was able to download the file and unzip it successfully a few days ago.

I'm not suggesting that this very recent update fixes the subtitle issue. At least nothing like this is mentioned in the release-notes. So I wouldn't hope for 1.2.5.2 to fix the issue Carl brought up.

The Releasenote also mentions a new version of Communicator which is not yet ready for download.

- Carsten
Eriksson

Post by Eriksson »

I contacted Barco support this morning and they replied something like "It´s not supposed to be there!" :shock:
Well, thanks a lot.
Anyway: I grabbed some logs from one Alchemy where this problem occured and sent to Carl. I think he found something.
Unfortunately (or thank God) I have no Christie IMS nearby.
/M.E.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

This is fixed in 2.9.34 (on Alchemy at least). Thanks to Niclas and Magnus!
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Actually it may be that we succeeded using SMPTE wrapping for this short, then failed with the chinese Interop. But as the chinese was difficult to solve because of a suitable font, he gave up on it when I suggested he'd get involved with font compressor.

Both worked on our Sony, but the IOP not on the Barco.

This was with 2.6.3.

What was the issue now?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

It would appear to have been the use of

Code: Select all

<Type>text/xml</Type>
instead of the (correct)

Code: Select all