Crash on Mac OS X

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
mhuxley

Crash on Mac OS X

Post by mhuxley »

Hey DCP-o-matic users,

I'm trying to use the software for the first time on a 2.7 GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro Desktop (OSX 10.9.5)
I am using what I believe is the most recent version of the software.

I'm ingesting a 2K 2mn quicktime file with stereo audio tracks. The process goes as planned until the DCP creation process reaches it's end and then the software just crashes. This is my first time using the software and I have a screening in a few days so I am hoping anyone in the forums here can make suggestions. As easy as this process is I'm wondering if the files have to first be set up a certain way as in Open Dcp? I've used Open DCP with some success in the past but am struggling to get this two minute DCP made regardless of system. Also when my DCP's are made following the more complex steps in Open DCP, my final sound and Image MXF's always come out as files (file icon representing document type) instead of the orange cone icon I see on correctly mastered DCP's! Thanks All
carl
Site Admin

Re: Crash on Mac OS X

Post by carl »

The process goes as planned until the DCP creation process reaches it's end and then the software just crashes
There are some known crash bugs in DCP-o-matic 2.9.0 on OS X. Please try the test version from here and let us know how that goes.
lso when my DCP's are made following the more complex steps in Open DCP, my final sound and Image MXF's always come out as files (file icon representing document type) instead of the orange cone icon I see on correctly mastered DCP's!
What extensions do these files have?
jbpribanic

Post by jbpribanic »

Switching to the other version fixed the problem for us and stopped the crashes we had with OS X.

update (11/03/16): attempted to use the new DCP at a theater and the projector would not ingest the file...trying to create a new file now.

Built a second file with the DCP version recommended here and theater was not able to ingest. The theater also uses DCP-o-matic so it's unclear what's wrong. Anyone on here have any thoughts or other versions we should try?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Any information on errors from the ingest?
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I guess it's a different problem not related to DCP-o-matic, but the copy/ingest process, maybe a media problem.

I never had an issue ingesting DOM DCPs, it's not dicey at all if you follow some basic rules.

- Carsten
Eriksson

Post by Eriksson »

I experienced ingest problems on Doremi servers but not on Dolby DSS with some of the 2.9.xx test versions. Something in these versions changed the preferences of file names (see picture in link below). Dolby DSS servers don´t care about file names, that´s why I didn´t notice this until the DCP arrived to a Doremi theatre.
If this is the issue, simply remove "_%i" in the 'advanced' tab.
This occured in Win10 (but not in Ubuntu). I don´t have a Mac (yet..).
/M.E.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ycd ... Wc3XzFHTk0
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Ah, yes, that was 'sort of' a bug when you carried over the prefs for a new version, I think we have a thread on that issue somewhere. You simply had to delete that string from your file name composition option.

- Carsten