Creating 1 dcp from 2 dcps

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rjtagayon

Creating 1 dcp from 2 dcps

Post by rjtagayon »

Hi guys, I'm a noob in dcp creation. I only know how to make 1 using davinci resolve. And when changes are to be made, like for example add a logo on the head of my already rendered dcp. I'd go ahead and render it all out again, which takes time, because I'm working on a 2 hour movie. I'd like to be able to dcp the logo by itself and combine it together with my already rendered dcp movie. How do I do this in dcp-o-matic. I've read it has something to do with editing the cpl/pkl files, but I don't know where to start.

If you can be as detailed as possible, I will be forever grateful. Thank you guys!
carl
Site Admin

Re: Creating 1 dcp from 2 dcps

Post by carl »

You can get closest to what you want by making a VF DCP. This is a DCP which includes parts of another.

You should probably start by reading this part of the manual. In a nutshell:
  • Add folder to add your existing 2hr DCP.
  • Select it and tick "refer to existing" in the video, audio and subtitle tabs.
  • Add your logo and check the timeline to make sure everything's in the right place.
  • Make DCP, then supply the DCP that is created AND your existing one to the cinema. They can ingest both, play your new one, and it should all work.
Let us know how you get on...