KDM Creator is crashing since upgrade

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
Aswippe Johnson

KDM Creator is crashing since upgrade

Post by Aswippe Johnson »

Hi, all! I just upgraded to version 2.10.2 and now my KDM Creator app is crashing whenever I try to automatically email KDMs. Sometimes they make it through to the recipient, sometimes they don't... but every time it crashes and says:

"dcpomatic2_kdm.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

Writing KDMs to a folder works fine. Again, this only happened after I upgraded from version 2.10.1

I can email KDMs okay from the main program, but not with the KDM Creator.
YOU will be ostracised!
rjtagayon

Re: KDM Creator is crashing since upgrade

Post by rjtagayon »

I'm having the same problems, every time I try to make a KDM and set the checkbox to send by e-mail. DCP-o-matic crashes.

Also may I know what your settings are for a google e-mail account in the preferences? Thanks!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi folks,

It's very hard to see what might have changed between 2.10.1 and 2.10.2 to cause this as there were very few changes between those versions.

Does it happen even when sending a single KDM mail, or are you always sending lots?
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Also may I know what your settings are for a google e-mail account in the preferences? Thanks!
According to a page like this you need smtp.gmail.com for the outgoing mail server (port 465 should work) and your gmail address / password for the mail user name and password.
Aswippe Johnson

Post by Aswippe Johnson »

carl wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:17 am Does it happen even when sending a single KDM mail, or are you always sending lots?
Either. One KDM or numerous, it crashes every time.
YOU will be ostracised!
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

OK, I will need to prepare a test version with extra debugging, I think. Remind me if I forget.
rjtagayon

Post by rjtagayon »

Hi carl,

I've been trying to use the kdm e-mail feature and upon checking the problem still persists. KDM creator still crashes when I try to send emails. Thanks