Encoding Server

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
funkytwig

Encoding Server

Post by funkytwig »

Hi. Cant find the GUI on windows for the Encoding Server so I tried ruining it on the command line and it seemed to run but the mac I was using as the main machine cant see it.

I then flopped everything, using the windows machine as the main machine and running the encoding Server on the Mac and it seems to work.

Any idea what's wrong? Really want ot use the mac as the main computer.

Ben
scorpio81

Re: Encoding Server

Post by scorpio81 »

Hi!
The encoding server doesn't have a GUI. The only thing it has is status window which shows us info when encoding.
You can manually specify encoding server's IP on your Mac, run some encode and see server's status window to make sure it's encoding.
Read also this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=310
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Cant find the GUI on windows for the Encoding Server so I tried ruining it on the command line and it seemed to run but the mac I was using as the main machine cant see it.
There should be an icon in the system tray (next to the clock). If it's not there, can you tell me which version of Windows you are running?
I then flopped everything, using the windows machine as the main machine and running the encoding Server on the Mac and it seems to work
Any idea what's wrong? Really want ot use the mac as the main computer..
Have you got the Windows firewall turned on? You need ports 6192 and 6193 open for incoming TCP.
funkytwig

Post by funkytwig »

Thanks, will check.