Dolby DCP test download site

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
rjtagayon

Dolby DCP test download site

Post by rjtagayon »

I will apologize in advance if this doesn't have to do anything with DCP-o-matic but I figured you guys can help because it is DCP related.

Before a software update on our server (Dolby DSS220) it had these test DCPs. For example one had just a screen that tells you its flat and one that says it's scope, another one tells you where the L, R, C, Lfe, Ls, Rs channels are supposed to be coming from on your setup. Basically DCPs for calibration.

After the update done by the guys that supplied us the server and the projector, they were all gone. We were warned, to be honest, that it's going to do a reformat of the drives but I just gave the go signal thinking we could always download them somewhere. Problem is I can't seem to find any of those available online and in DCP format so any help with a link to download will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Aswippe Johnson

Re: Dolby DCP test download site

Post by Aswippe Johnson »

Just make new ones. There is nothing special about the channel ID DCPs.
YOU will be ostracised!
Carsten

Re: Dolby DCP test download site

Post by Carsten »

I don't know wether the format DCPs were actually Dolby files, I never saw these with a Dolby reference. We use framing guides from XDC usually, or those I made with DOM for special ARs like 2:0 or 2.2:0. There are in fact 5.1 and 7.1 channel assignment test DCPs from Dolby.

If you are interested, I can make them available through Wetransfer.

I admit, it would be time to extend the channel assignment test files with HI and VI tracks, and also make a generic one with 'channel1', 'channel2' up to 'channel 16' to check for routing issues. Let me take some time for this...

- Carsten