VF: Unresolved reference to asset id

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
frank

VF: Unresolved reference to asset id

Post by frank »

Hi

Last Friday two VFs dropped on my desk and I'm rather clueless with one of them. I can't load it into the project. It's the first time I've had to work with VFs and at first I thought I've hit a wall, but the second VF labelled DCP loads without any issues.

So, the problematic one.
When I import the folder DCP-o-matic tells me to add OV. I've selected the same folder again as all the necessary mxf files are there. And then I get "unresolved reference to asset ID [first reel picture mxf]". I've checked all the IDs in the assetmap, pkl and cpl. I've got all the required files.

The assetmap, cpl and pkl looked rather empty. So I compared it with the other VF I received. I decided to experiment a bit and added the missing file path and original names to the files. Then I got straight away the unresolved reference error.

Any idea what might be the culprit?

The two VFs are from different labs. I started to download the problematic one again, just in case something went wrong during the Aspera transfer. But I don't have high hopes.
carl
Site Admin

Re: VF: Unresolved reference to asset id

Post by carl »

Hi, maybe you could post the XML files from the DCPs, or email them to carl@dcpomatic.com ?
frank

Post by frank »

Hi Carl, sent the files to your e-mail yesterday.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi Frank, yes I got the files from one DCP, can you also send the ones from the other?
frank

Post by frank »

Sent the files of other DCP as well.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Hi frank,

I think you've correctly identified the problem: the ASSETMAP <Path> tags are empty for lots of the assets in TrainToBusan. DCP-o-matic will not find any asset files that are not correctly listed in the ASSETMAP.

If you added the missing filenames to the ASSETMAP I would expect things to be closer to working... can I see your modified ASSETMAP?

I don't know where this ASSETMAP with empty <Path> nodes came from...

Carl
frank

Post by frank »

Decided to check the modified (filled) xml files and gave them a last try after tidying them. Finally got the Busan DCP to import without errors.

And then the KDM gave a "Could not decrypt KDM error (0407A079:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_OAEP:oaep decoding error)"

It seems that this DCP is politely said a proper mess.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

That probably means the KDM has been prepared for the wrong certificate. Did you send the KDM creators the decryption certificate from your copy of DCP-o-matic?
frank

Post by frank »

Yes, they received the decryption certificate of my DCP-o-matic. The CertificateThumbprint in KDM is identical to all the previous KDMs I have received.