Stereo Wav Plays in Super Slow mo

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
vancityscotty

Stereo Wav Plays in Super Slow mo

Post by vancityscotty »

New to DCP, although my first foray with my own short film turned out well in Dolby 5.1 a few days ago. Tested successfully by the projectionist at the theater I'm screening at this weekend.

I've taken to making DCP's for my fellow 3 filmmakers playing alongside me.

I've made 4 versions of this DCP, and every time the audio is played at like 1/20th of the speed and obviously doesn't match up and sounds like Will Ferrell from Old School when he gets shot in the neck with a tranq dart.

(Testing with trial version of Easy DCP on a macbook pro, 16GB ram, SSD etc etc)

I've tried just doing normal stereo/upmix B/Dolby 5.1 by putting the same wav in all the channels, it's always the same result.

I have a version rendering overnight now where I told the audio section of the timing tab that the frame rate is 23.976 (to match the MOV). Even though it says "only put this in if..."

Anyway, tired, incoherent, maybe someone has a tip.

Thank you very much, this forum has been a tremendous resource thus far.
carl
Site Admin

Re: Stereo Wav Plays in Super Slow mo

Post by carl »

If you can attach metadata.xml and log from your project (or send them to carl@dcpomatic.com) that might show the reason.
vancityscotty

Post by vancityscotty »

Thanks kindly for reviewing. This is the log from the Upside B attempt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vancityscotty

Post by vancityscotty »

Tried with 'Stereo-to up-mixer A' and preliminary test in EasyDCP seems to be good. I rendered a portion of the entire film this time, so I'm going to try the whole thing in another test.

Sounds a little hollow, but passable for this screening's purposes.

if you happen to identify why the audio would be slowed down as such, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks!