Subtiting issues on DCP-O-MATIC

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
TheDode

Subtiting issues on DCP-O-MATIC

Post by TheDode »

Hello chaps!

I am using version 2.10.5 of DCP o-Matic to generate a 2K SCOPE 24fps Interop DCP, with 5.1 audio and burned-in subtitles. I am having a problem that's been puzzling me and I am wondering whether anyone here has seen this before.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:
With some of the subtitles, the black border around the text seems not to appear at the exact same as the white letters. The letters appear at the right timecode, but the border seems to fade in over 3 or 4 frames. It also happens sometimes at the OUT point of some subs.

I have not yet been able to find a pattern for when it happens or not, seems pretty random. It happens about 20 times over a 90 minute film.

Thank you really very much in advance for any help. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. :)

Dan
Carsten

Re: Subtiting issues on DCP-O-MATIC

Post by Carsten »

I guess you need to supply samples to Carl.

Thanks to the new export function in the current test release, you could re-import your created DCP and export a short passage with the problem showing up in MP4.

- Carsten
TheDode

Post by TheDode »

Hi Carsten,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am trying to send an MP4 via the attachment tab here in the forum, but it doesn't seem to like MP4s.

I have uploaded a sample via Wetransfer. Here is the link: https://we.tl/OhLR2Q21cm

Any ideas?

All help will be super appreciated :)

All the best,

Dan
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Can you supply the subtitle file as well? From the sample, while it occurs like a bug to me, but maybe it happens when titles are spaced to tightly, that is, close or overlapping out/in times? In that case, it would at least be a workaround to increase the pause between titles somewhat.

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

I think this is a bug that was fixed just after 2.10.5; TheDode is going to check...