View Bug Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001391||DCP-o-matic||[All Projects] Bugs||public||2018-10-23 11:35||2019-01-07 22:41|
|Status||resolved||Resolution||unable to reproduce|
|Platform||64 bit||OS||Linux||OS Version||Ubuntu|
|Target Version||2.14.0||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001391: When "make VF" is selected, export results in black file with subtitles only|
Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but after making a VF, I wanted to also export my DCP. I left the checkbox to "use this as OV and make a VF" ticked (for both video and audio) and the export resulted in a black image with subtitles only. The export only took about an hour and the filesize was about 40 MB and I can imagine this actually being useful (I once made a file precisely like that) but I don't think it is what one expects when exporting.
Maybe a promt such as "The resulting file will not contain video and audio data. You left the options to make a VF checked. Do you wnat ot proceed?"(variable, depending what is checked) would help.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Estimated work required||Unknown|
Hi, I'm struggling to reproduce this: when I try exporting a project containing a referenced OV I get the OV's image in the output (with 2.12.12). Can you still reproduce it yourself?
Hm, it seems to be DCP-specific. I think I am reproducing it now, but I am not sure - it will takes two hours before the export finishes. Though it runs at 15,5 FPS and this computer only manages like 3.5 FPS when the export is with image. But I also found out with this DCP that if I use trim function (I originally wanted to export just a few seconds) the export always hangs a few frames before it finishes (on the command line, it said "Encoder did not produce proper pts, making some up." - but that should not be a problem, I guess).
So I guess this is DCP-specific and the DCP has 101 GB, so I am not sure if it would be feasible to send it to you at all? I have no problem uploading it somewhere (it shoudl take about 30 hours with my 10 mbit upload link), but I do not have access to a server that would store such a large file. This DCP was normally shown in cinemas, it was not produced with DCPomatic but with "<!-- Generated by orca_wrapping version 3.4.1-2 -->" according to its PKL.xml. It is not encrypted. Of course, I would expect you not to share it anywhere but I think I can trust you with that:-).
Hm, I did not manage to reproduce this after trying for an hour or so. Either it was something that got fixed along the way or it was some weird glitch. But I definitely managed to create a video just with subtitles, I am not making it up.
Thanks for looking into it. I believe you that you're not making it up :) It's just a shame we can't reproduce it. I'll close it for now: do feel free to leave a note if you see a similar problem again!
|2018-10-23 11:email@example.com||New Bug|
|2018-11-09 12:31||carl||Status||new => acknowledged|
|2018-11-09 12:31||carl||Target Version||=> 2.14.0|
|2019-01-07 15:21||carl||Assigned To||=> carl|
|2019-01-07 15:21||carl||Status||acknowledged => feedback|
|2019-01-07 15:21||carl||Note Added: 0002868|
|2019-01-07 16:firstname.lastname@example.org||Note Added: 0002869|
|2019-01-07 16:email@example.com||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2019-01-07 20:firstname.lastname@example.org||Note Added: 0002870|
|2019-01-07 22:41||carl||Note Added: 0002871|
|2019-01-07 22:41||carl||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2019-01-07 22:41||carl||Resolution||open => unable to reproduce|