Changes in version 1.79.0
Important notes for this release:
- Colour conversion presets have changed in this version. As a result, if you load films created by previous versions of DCP-o-matic they are likely to display their colour conversion as “Custom” since the conversion no longer matches any preset.
Changes in this version
- Updated ru_RU translation from Igor Voytovich.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- Updated de_DE translation from Carsten Kurz.
- Hopefully fix crash on editing cinema preferences on Windows (#474).
- Various fixes to clumsiness of snapping in the timeline.
- Fixes for various random crashes on OS X.
- Fix for strange behaviour when using several pieces of image content in one film (#531).
- Fix for “file not found” errors at the end of encodes in some cases.
- Fix crash on pressing Ctrl+A in some cases (#525).
- Attempt to fix problems when sending KDM emails with non-Latin character sets (#549).
- Fix for missing audio channel checkboxes on initial display in the audio graph dialog (on OS X).
- Fix incorrect ISDCF name audio channel counts in some circumstances.
- Fix problems with audio analyses not appearing in some circumstances.
- Allow the correct transformation to be applied to Rec 709 sources when converting from YUV to RGB, and default to Rec 709 for colour conversions.
- Correct small and erroneous differences between the RGB->XYZ transform matrix for sRGB and Rec 709.
- Use a single file to store frame hashes (rather than one file per frame) speeding up copying or deletion of projects (#444).
- Better estimation of required disk space when the target filesystem does not support hard links (#511).
- Efficiency improvement when running on machines with many cores.
- Disable OK in the KDM certificate download dialogue until a download has succeeded (#404).
- Sort image files that are added in bulk so that they are added in a sensible order.
- Ignore image filenames which start with ._ to avoid errors when importing sequences of files that have been processed on OS X.
- Allow configuration of encryption key (#534).
- Define colour conversion to XYZ in terms of red/green/blue chromaticities and white point, rather than using a matrix.
- Allow adjustment of the white point when converting colour.
- Add a P3 colour conversion preset.
- Add a readout of the peak audio value (and time) (#557).
- Add an option to restore the default configuration.
- Add a simple content properties dialogue accessible by right-clicking on the content list.
Thanks to Dennis Couzin, Igor Voytovich, Thierry Journet and Carsten Kurz.
Three new supporters have been added since 1.78.0: thanks to Frechen-Film e.V., Adrian Manolescu and Raoul Walzer.
Changes in version 1.78.0This version includes:
- A new Russian translation from Igor Voytovich.
- An updated Italian translation from Davide Sanvito.
- An updated German translation from Carsten Kurz.
- An updated French translation from Thierry Journet.
- An updated Spanish translation from Manuel AC.
- Fix a regression causing “programming error” at the end of encodes in some cases.
- Fix one cause of hangs at the end of encodes (#508).
- Fix frame corruption and crashes when duplicating source frames in the DCP (e.g. with 25fps content in a 50fps DCP).
- Fix incorrect timing of sound content when used with video that is being run faster or slower than its default rate.
- Fix a couple of errors when trying to put 1920x1080 content into a Scope container with no scale.
- Fix potential crash on encoding a second film in a session after closing the first.
- Use the number of mapped audio channels for the DCP name (not the number of DCP channels) (#479).
- Speculative fix for KDMs being rejected by EasyDCP player.
- Remove 1.37 ratio and correct Academy ratio to 1.375.
- Use a less accurate but much less time-consuming hashing method for content, dramatically speeding up examination of large files.
- Fix snap to work for all edges (#473).
- Fix hiding of filters edit button when there are a lot of filters (#475).
- Allow the audio parts of combined video/audio files to be removed in the timeline, which just unmaps the audio (#316).
- Only allow even DCP audio channel counts between 2 and 16 inclusive.
- Remove use of VRFY in SMTP sessions (#477).
- Examine a whole file to find its length if there is no readable header.
- Fix update checker.
Thanks to Carsten Kurz, Igor Voytovich, Christian Hove, Jose Angel Velasco Fernandez, Steve Smail, Markus Raab, Davide Sanvito, Thierry Journet and Manuel AC.
Six new supporters have been added since 1.77.0: thanks to Jose Angel Velasco Fernandez, Christopher Gray, Rui Pereira, Lawrence Towers, Frank Wenz and Roland Wirtz.
Changes in version 1.77.0This version includes:
- A full 36-bit (12 bit-per-channel) colour path through DCP-o-matic when high depth sources are used.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet and Lilian Lefranc.
- Updated de_DE translation from Carsten Kurz.
- Fix for slipping audio sync on DTS-encoded audio tracks in some cases (#352).
- Fix for incorrect read of some video files from iTunes (where they come up as being at 90,000 fps).
- Fix for parts of content at presentation times less than zero being played in certain circumstances (#418).
- Fix incorrect behaviour of "Down" button (to move content later in the list).
- Fix snap on the timeline to work properly when butting bits of content up to each other.
- Fix for long hangs at 99% complete when encoding files with large trims.
- Fix for a crash when dragging things in the timeline (and possibly at other times).
- Fix for incorrect subtitle timing when sources are trimmed.
- Fix for crash at 99% encoded in some cases.
- Fix for over-sensitive error checking in some cases.
- Fix problems with downloading projector certificates on Windows (#442).
- Make a considerable number of crashes give more useful error messages.
- Display sample aspect ratio for video content that declares it.
- Stop Cancel in the Add Cinema dialogue creating a new (empty-named) cinema (#449).
- Add ‘Copy as name’ button to copy the ISDCF name to the editable field in the DCP tab rather than the hack which copied it when ‘Use ISDCF name’ was un-ticked.
- Remove default scale configuration option and instead guess the initial scale from the content's size and pixel aspect ratio.
- Allow bypass of digest calculation for image sequence content.
- Allow bypass of colourspace conversion (#266)
- Rename “Add folder” button to “Add image sequence”
- Move “Keep video in sequence” button into the timeline window.
- Add Pause button for all jobs (part of #344)
- Remove code to load old DVD-o-matic configurations, as it's not well tested.
- Speculative fix for hangs at the end of encodes when using 3D content.
- Increase maximum allowed JPEG2000 bandwidth.
Thanks to Mike Blakesley, Carsten Kurz, David Nedrow, Thierry Journet, Mark Rolfe, Lilian Lefranc, Manuel AC and Elad Saad.
Eight new supporters have been added since 1.76.0: thanks to Eric Audurier, Maxime Estoppey, Patrick Haderer, Гуляев Михаил, David Nedrow, Jerome Cohen Olivar, Richard Turner and Johannes Wilbrand.
Changes in version 1.76.0
This version includes
- Update to nl_NL translation from Cherif Ben Brahim.
- Fix discovery of encoding servers to work more reliably.
- Fix loading of Targa files.
- Fix non-update of audio gain when changing the content selection.
- More fixes to some i18n on OS X.
- Fix crash on exit when the preferences dialog is open (on OS X).
- Fix server certificate downloads on OS X (#376).
- Allow separate X and Y scale of subtitles.
- Copy current ISDCF name into the film name when ‘Use ISDCF name’ is un-ticked.
- Fix hidden advanced preferences button in some locales (e.g. de_DE).
- Improve behaviour of batch converter window when it is shrunk (#338).
- Write <Creator> tags to CPLs with the creating DCP-o-matic's version number.
- Drop a hint when there is may be a better DCP container option than that currently selected (#392).
- Add a copy button to the preset colour conversions dialogue (#399).
- Fix missing ‘no stretch’ and ‘no scale’ options in defaults preferences.
- Allow drag and drop of files onto the content panel (#395).
- Possibly fix OS X crashes when doing audio plots.
- Some i18n fixes.
- A couple of other small fixes.
Changes in version 1.73.0
This version includes:
- Fix for unexpectedly lost bits of content (10 minutes from the end of files, for example)
- Updated de_DE translation from Carsten Kurz.
- Updated fr_FR translation from Grégoire Ausina.
- Fix buggy trimming of content when overriding its detected frame rate.
- Fix various strange behaviours with translation of the KDM email in preferences.
- Fix missing translations of some UI parts.
- Fix to fetching of Doremi certificates with imb- filename prefixes.
- Hopefully fix random crashes (especially during encoding) on certain versions of OS X.
- The optional <Hash> tags are now written to CPL files to try and make Technicolor happy.
- A new ‘default scaling’ option in preferences.
- Allow changing of timing properties for many pieces of content at the same time.
- Add KDM email BCC option.
Thanks to Carsten Kurz, Grégoire Ausina, Will Meadows and Jamie Rokovetsky.
Changes in version 1.72.0This release includes:
- Fix crash on analysing audio with resampled content.
- Potential improvements in encoding speed, especially on fast clients.
- Allow specification of video frame rate for cases where content headers are read incorrectly.
- Support different KDM formulations: Modified Transitional 1, DCP any and DCP specific.
Changes in version 1.70.0This version includes:
- Updates to the de_DE translation from Carsten Kurz.
- A fairly big code rearrangement to improve speed of encoding of DCPs from sets of images.
- Improvements to the KDM dialog which now takes CPLs rather than DCPs. It also allows you to specify any CPL to generate a KDM for.
- Improvements to the timeline dialog when dragging content over other content.
- Various fixes to uses of separate audio files with accompanying non-standard frame rate video; video rates are now derived from simultaneous video sources.
- New "scale to fit width" and "scale to fit height" options to adjust scaling and cropping of a source to fit the DCP's container.
- Use the ISCDF DCP naming contention version 9.
- Some fixes to audio analyses when channel mappings are changed.
- Fix to linkage of command line tools on OS X.
- Fix to crash when the timeline window is opened when there is no content.
- Fixes for crashes when using sources with more than 8 audio channels.
- Fix for bug where video would not be re-made if subtitles were turned on.
- Speculative fix for completely broken DCP XML files in some locales.
- Possible fix for missing bits at the end of FFmpeg content with negative start times.
- Option to allow any DCP frame rate, not just the ‘approved’ ones.
- Audio gain can be specified in fractional dBs
- Work-around out-of-memory crash when using large start trims
- Fix incorrect labels for some audio channels in some locales.
- Add slightly better and more configurable logging.
Changes in version 1.69.0
This version includes:
- A new translation to Dutch from Theo Kooijmans.
- An updated French translation from Thierry Journet.
- Fixes to the German translation from Max Aeschlimann.
- Updates to the Spanish translation from Manual AC.
- Fix failure to create KDMs (and bad initial start-end dates in the KDM dialog) on OS X.
- Fix for lack of internationalisation on OS X.
- Fix for glitchy subtitle display in some cases.
- Fix for broken calculate-audio-gain option.
- Fix more glitches in the colour conversion dialog on OS X.
- Fix for bad rounding of timecodes in some cases.
- Fix for an error on creating 0-audio-channel DCPs.
- Fix for crash on trying to use DPX files.
- Allow specification of the video frame rate that an audio file is synced to.
- Add option to give left and right eye content separately for 3D.
- Removal of some of FFmpeg's filters that don't work with image bit depths greater than 8 bits per pixel.
- Allow up to 500MB/s JPEG2000 bitrates.
- Tentative support for 3D DCPs made from alternate frames of the source.
- Improvements to the behaviour of the view's position slider near the end of films.
- A tidied-up configuration dialogue, especially on OS X.
- Auto-saving of film metadata before starting a DCP encode.
- Some incomplete and clumsy attempts at allowing download of server certificates for KDMs.
Thanks to Gérald Maruccia, Adam Colt, Thierry Journet, Theo Kooijmans, Max Aeschlimann, Andy Neddermeyer, Manual AC and Matthias Damm.
Changes in version 1.66.0This release features:
- A fix for incorrect audio plots with multi-stream files.
- A fix for incorrect display of video with the "no-scale" option.
- A fix for a regression in the handling of "no-stretch" video under crop.
Thanks to Markus Raab.
Changes in version 1.65.0
This version includes:
- Updates to the it_IT translation from William Fanelli.
- Basic support for 7.1/HI/VI audio tracks.
- Add support for no-scale of the input video.
- Update FFmpeg library version to fix incorrect frame rates with some source files.
- Fix for failure to open sound files with non-ASCII filenames.
- Fix missing RMS plots in the audio analyser.
- Fix incorrect rounding of timecodes in some cases.
- Speculative fix to stop OS X sleeping during DCP encodes.
- Use the correct timecode separator for frames (: rather than .)
- Fixes to some errors in the XML for Interop DCPs.
- Be more careful with catching exceptions from the KDM creation code.
- Fix for a crash on trying to seek when there is missing content.
- Some fixes for crashes under low-memory conditions.
- Centos 6.5 RPMs.
- Fix another repeated exception from the server-finding code.
- Fixes to strange behaviour of the colour conversion dialogue under OS X.
Thanks to William Fanelli, Ivan Pullman, lukegb and Adam Colt.
Changes in version 1.64.0
This version adds some new features:
- The basics of per-channel audio gain, so that a particular source channel may be passed to different DCP channels with different gains.
- Give a warning on choosing ‘Make DCP’ if the disk is likely to have insufficient free space for the DCP.
- A primitive ‘check for updates’ feature which may be triggered from the ‘Tools’ menu or configured to be automatic at startup. It defaults to not checking at startup.
- Updates to de_DE translation from Markus Raab.
- Updates to sv_SE translation from Adam Klotblixt.
- Updates to fr_FR translation from Thierry Journet.
- Allow choice of what to install (master/server) on Windows.
- Add subtitle X offset option.
There are also some bug fixes:
- Fix bad A/V sync in some (and maybe in lots of) circumstances.
- Fix failure to open some .mov files on Windows.
- Fix incorrect subtitles when speeding up or slowing down video for the DCP.
- Fix incorrect audio position when using video files without audio tracks.
- Fix bad DCPs when resuming encodes of 3D content.
- Fix missing subtitles when they are in content with a non-zero position.
- Fix to formatting of Interop <ScreenAspectRatio> tags.
- Fix asset flags on Interop DCPs.
- Fix incorrect colouring of subtitles in some cases.
- Various fixes for efficiency on fast machines.
- Fix mis-timed subtitles in some cases.
- Fix error-reporting loop after long runs (and suspends) on Windows.
- Fix over-fussiness in names of 1-file-per-frame sources.
- Fix the inability to specify the frame rate of 1-file-per-frame sources.
- Try to stop Windows machines going to sleep during encodes.
- Make sure that forced languages override the environment for all messages, and not just some.
- Don't give .xml suffixes to VOLINDEX and ASSETMAP in Inter-op DCPs.
- Prevent some cases of half-finished DCP directories being created.
- Fix error on cancelling and re-starting a DCP transcode on Windows.
- Use Mbit/s instead of the incorrect MBps in the user interface.
Thanks to Adam Colt, Luke, Thierry Journet, Denzil Kriekenbeek, Brad Miller, Markus Raab and Adam Klotblixt for their suggestions, bug reports and contributions.
Changes in version 1.57
This version adds a nascent dcpomatic_create (for creating DCPs on the command line) and also adds more careful exception handling.
In addition there is a fix for some problems with opening large content files on Windows.
There is also a new de_DE translation from Markus Raab. Thanks Markus!
Changes in version 1.53
This version fixes some bugs:
- Problems with loading content from paths containing non-Latin characters.
- Non-working ‘fix missing’ option.
- Invalidity of 4K DCPs.
and adds a few small things:
- Support for TLS/SSL when sending KDM emails.
- $START_TIME and $END_TIME variables for use in KDM emails.
- A top/bottom option for 3D frames.
- A configuration option for default audio delay.
Changes in version 1.46This release fixes:
- A crash on making a DCP on 32-bit Windows.
- Bad IntrinsicDuration in 3D DCPs.
- Progress reporting when making 3D DCPs.
- Non-update of display when changing video frame type.
- Missing video information when using still images.
- Exception on new film in some strange cases.
- A tiny error in CPL XML for 3D DCPs.
Changes in version 1.42Compared to version 1.34 this has some new features:
- Updated fr_FR translation from Lilian Lefranc.
- Make signatures optional (#273).
- Add option to join input files together to help with multiple VOB files from DVDs.
- Several optimisations to video processing, which should speed up the player a bit.
- Add "play length" control to avoid having to do arithmetic to get end-trims right in some cases (#261).
- Fix make_black for pixel format 7 (#288).
- Fix display update when removing content (#281).
- Improve the correctness of lengths reported by sound files to fix short DCPs when using non-DCI-rate sound files with stills.
- Fix crash on double-click of "show audio" button (#278).
- Fix erroneous disabling of timing panel with audio-only sources.
- Fix build for 32-bit versions of OS X.
- A whole load of fixes for lots of bugs when handling filenames using non-Latin characters on Windows.
Changes in version 1.41
This version adds a ‘play length’ to the timing panel to make it easier to do trims without arithmetic. There are some speed-ups to the player, and DCP signing is now optional.
There are also a few small bug fixes.
Changes in version 1.40
This fixes a few minor bugs that were introduced in 1.39.
Changes in version 1.39
This version fixes
- a variety of problems when using filenames containing non-Latin characters.
- some missing dependencies in Linux builds.
- failure to start on 32-bit OS X.
There is also an updated French translation from Lilian Lefranc.
Finally, it adds a primitive ‘join’ command to join together VOB files from DVDs.
Changes in version 1.37
This version fixes a variety of problems when using filenames containing non-Latin characters. There is also an updated French translation from Lilian Lefranc.
Changes in version 1.34
This fixes the OS X and Windows installers to actually work... sorry!
Changes in version 1.33
This makes discovery of specified servers actually work, and should fix crashes when servers and clients are using different locales.
Changes in version 1.29
This fixes a crash on the audio summary view, and possibly others.
Changes in version 1.28
This version fixes a nasty bug when using multiple video content files (causing slow-downs and large memory usage).
It also fixes:
- Misleading black lines around preview image.
- Fix strange behaviour of JPEG2000 bandwidth control on 32-bit Linux.
- A few other small bits.
Changes in version 1.27
This release auto-detects encoding servers on the local subnet. Servers can also be added during an encoding run and they will be picked up and used.
There are also various bug fixes, mostly related to trimming of content.
The download page now includes an ISO of a bootable live Debian image which auto-starts the DCP-o-matic server. Boot this from a CD or USB key on a nearby PC and watch your encoding speed increase!
Changes in version 1.24
This fixes failure to reload configuration on non-English locales; this caused disappearance of colour conversion presets and KDM target screens. Thanks to Andreas Weller.
Changes in version 1.23
This just adds some more debugging for config load failures.
Changes in version 1.22
This version fixes a crash related to audio analysis and adds some debug code for configuration saving.
Changes in version 1.21
This version should fix directory pickers on Ubuntu 13.10.
Changes in version 1.20
This version adds the ability to load in previous films with missing content, and then to fix the content locations.
Changes in version 1.19
This version just fixes incorrect gamma values for the Rec. 709 colour preset. Note that if you have been using 1.18 the preset will not be updated.
Changes in version 1.18
This version fixes a few bugs:
- Fix saving of colour transform presets.
- Fix incorrect validity times on KDMs.
- Fix crash on closing preferences window in some cases.
There are also some improvements with progress reporting and a couple of other minor fixes.
Changes in version 1.16
This version adds or restores a few small features:
- Up/down buttons for simple content time movements.
- Film title is included in KDM filenames.
- Allow no-stretch scaling like in DVD-o-matic.
- Add Rec. 709 colour conversion preset using Wolfgang Woehl's matrix.
Changes in version 1.15
This version fixes more startup problems on OS X and a few crashes in the KDM generation dialogue.
Changes in version 1.14
This version fixes an error message at the end of the encode (on Windows) and a complete failure to start on OS X.
Changes in version 1.11
This fixes some errors in the digital signatures applied to CPLs and PKLs.
Changes in version 1.10
This version fixes some installation problems on Windows and has a couple of fixes for KDM generation.
Changes in version 1.07
This version adds basic encryption support: you can create encrypted DCPs and KDMs to unlock them. Any testing is very welcome.
Changes in version 1.04
This version fixes some problems with the .deb packages.
Changes in version 1.03
This release is built with a newer compiler on Windows, which should fix some crashes on 32-bit.
Changes in version 1.02
This version just allows a wider range of values for JPEG2000 bandwidth.
Changes in version 1.01
This version fixes:
- Problems with audio analysis
- Client server operation
and a couple of other minor bugs.
Changes in version 1.00
This is the first release version of DCP-o-matic.