What Files will the Theater Actually Need From Me?

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
stickbob123

What Files will the Theater Actually Need From Me?

Post by stickbob123 »

This program is amazing, the process of making a DCP is feeling pretty painless so far. Only thing that's vague for me is--what file does the theater actually need from me? My plan was to just copy the entire folder for the DCP, but wondering if that will be space-inneficient. This answer might be extremely obvious (I'm still currently exporting my v1 of the DCP) so I might be missing a magic step where a ".DCP" file shows up or something like that, but humor me please, I'm an anxious would-be-screener.
Kewl

Re: What Files will the Theater Actually Need From Me?

Post by Kewl »

freezer

Post by freezer »

If you are copying the DCP then, make sure the device (USB stick or external HD) is NTFS formatted.
No external HD larger than 2 TB.

After the copy process has finished, start the extra DCP-o-matic Player and load the DCP from the external device. Then let the player verify the DCP (menu -> tool -> verify DCP). If that throws no errors, then you are good to go.
If verification throws a checksum error, then your DCP won't ingest into a DCP server.

A DCP in the newer SMTPE is the way to go, except when the movie theater has a very old system and doesn't support SMTPE (I just have that case today). Then you need to make an INTEROP version.
Robert Niessner
Graz / Austria
stickbob123

Post by stickbob123 »

Extremely helpful responses, thanks to both of you!