Color fringing on titles

Anything and everything to do with DCP-o-matic.
cloud06

Color fringing on titles

Post by cloud06 »

Hello everyone! :)

I'm referring to this problem:
http://dcpomatic.com/mantis/view.php?id=752

I reported that is it fixed, but seems like it works when looking at one frame (what I tried before reporting) and now when I encoded longer segment with titles, seems like this fringing appears on frame by frame basis - like titles are flickering this fringing on and off... This is what I see when playing back DCP, not in DOM.

Any way you could fix this Carl? Thanks in advance :)

Best,
Tomislav
carl
Site Admin

Re: Color fringing on titles

Post by carl »

Are you using any encoding servers?
cloud06

Post by cloud06 »

Oh man, I think I used one unintentionally. I have DOM installed on one more machine and server is set up to run at startup. Maybe that version was not updated. Sorry, I didn't think about that.
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

No problem, give it another try after an update and let us know how you get on ...
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

Wondering wether the encoding client OR Master GUI could at least give a decent hint about a possible version mismatch in the remote server overview?

- Carsten
carl
Site Admin

Post by carl »

Agreed: it should. There's even some partial work on this already there; it just needs me to be stricter when making changes that fix the visual appearance of video frames.
Carsten

Post by Carsten »

I guess it's to complicated to send the whole 'encoding' engine over to the client when there is mismatch? Would probably be troublesome with missing installation rights for the current user running the remote server.

Maybe just display the remote server version behind it's IP. Then let the user decide what to do. Maybe colour version/mismatch green, red....?

Admittedly, few people tend to look at the remote server overview once remote rendering is working. So maybe there should be a hard warning if a mismatch occurs.

- Carsten