Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list
Setting up DCP-o-matic
- How can I add separate audio tracks to a DCP-o-matic film?
- My scope film is being letterboxed in 1.85:1! How can I make a scope DCP?
- There is no sound when I play my video in DCP-o-matic!
- The encoding is taking a long time! Why? What can I do about it?
- I want to buy a computer to run DCP-o-matic on. What should I get?
- I get errors like ‘could not start JPEG encoding’. What does that mean?
Ingesting and playing a DCP
- My DCP will not ingest! What can I do?
- Why is the audio crackling when I play back my DCP?
- How can I play DCPs on my computer?
- How can I write a DCP drive on OS X?
- EasyDCP player says ‘Referenced XML-Schema unknown’ when I play my DCP!
- Why is the sound playing back slow in my DCP?
- How does DCP-o-matic deal with different video frame rates?
- Does DCP-o-matic generate SMPTE or Interop DCPs?
- What are all these files? Where is the actual DCP?
- What software should I use to rip DVDs and Blu-Rays?
- Why are there two copies of the encoded video? Why can't DCP-o-matic delete one when it has finished?
- Can DCP-o-matic convert DCPs to something else (like TIFF or MP4)?
- I can't copy my DCP onto my USB stick. It keeps saying the file is too large for the destination file system even though it has lots of free space!
- Can you add a feature to export DCPs to video files?
- Where does DCP-o-matic keep its configuration files?